Every fiscal year around 140,000 employment-based immigrant visas are available to qualified applicants under the provisions of the USCIS. Employment-based visas are divided into five preference categories. In this article I will explain the visa application process for eb5 Investors visa, also refers as Entrepreneurs immigrant visa. The United States immigration law makes visas available to immigrant investors seeking to enter the United States to engage in new commercial entities that benefit the United States economy through job creation and capital investment. Eb5 investors receive up to 7.1% of all employment-based visas issued each year. For more info on immigration investment visa contact us.
To qualify as an immigrant investor for petitions filed on or after November 21, 2019, a foreign national must invest the following minimum qualifying capital in a U.S commercial enterprise:
- $1,000,000 (U.S.); or
- $500,000 (U.S.) in a high-unemployment or rural area, considered a targeted employment area.
- A qualifying investment must, within two years, create full-time jobs for at least ten U.S workers, lawful permanent residents, or other immigrants authorized to work in the United States, excluding the investor, investor’s spouse, and children.
Immigrant Investor Visa Categories
The immigrant investor visa categories are;
- Employment creation outside a targeted area
- Employment creation in a targeted rural with high unemployment rate
- Investor Pilot Program not in a targeted area
- Investor Pilot Program in a targeted area
To get considered for an E5 immigrant investor visa, you must file Form I-526, immigration petition by alien entrepreneur, with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). For more information on how to qualify as an immigrant investor contact adam vega today!
What You need To Know When your Immigrant Visa Is Approved.
Once your immigrant visa is issued, the consular officer will give you your passport that has your immigrant visa and a sealed packet containing the documents which you provided when you applied. It is essential that you do not open the sealed packet. The packet can only be open by that the United States immigration official at the port of entry. You are required to enter the U.S. before the expiration date printed on your visa. When traveling, the principal applicant can enter the United States alone or enter with dependents.
The USCIS Immigrant Fee – You must pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) after you receive your immigrant visa and before you travel to the United States. For the USCIS Immigrant Fee refer to the USCIS website for more information. Notice: The USCIS will not issue a Permanent Resident Card “Form I-551 or Green Card” until you have paid the fee. abogado de inmigración houston, tx has more detail on it.
Is EB-5 Visa Worth It?
The worth of EB-5 Visa depends on individual’s choice. Its a very personal driven decision. The facts is that EB-5 visa is the quickest way to the United States citizenship. How much you valued it, is what the investment worth. The EB-5 Visa Program saves you time and give you the opportunity to invest in the United States, while the profit of your invest depends on the effectiveness of project you choose to invest on, the green card/citizenship is the real thing.
Generally, the following documents are required:
- Passport(s) valid for six months beyond the intended date of entry into the United States, unless longer validity is specifically requested by the United States embassy in your country. Please review the instructions for guidance.
- Form DS-260, Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application.
- Two (2) 2×2 photographs.
- Civil Documents for the applicant.
- Financial Support – At your immigrant visa interview, you must prove to the consular officer that you are not likely to become a public charge in the United States.
- Completed Medical Examination Forms